Do you want to become a foster parent?
We welcome people to become foster parents from diverse backgrounds, genders, religions, cultures, and ethnicity. They can be single, married, coupled, retired, homeowners, or even divorced parents. Foster parents must be kind, patient, nurturing, and passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of the children placed under their care.
Intrinsic Home Care, Inc. will require applicants for a foster family home to successfully complete 10 hours of pre-service training before initial licensure.
Training Required to become a foster parent:
All foster parents must complete an orientation, plus a minimum of 10 hours of pre-service, a SAFE Home Study, and have a medical exam and background check.
All applicants must complete 20 hours of pre-service training for a therapeutic certificate. The training must include:
- 10 hours of pre-service training to be licensed as a foster parent; and
- 10 hours of additional pre-selected training in therapeutic foster care
Foster Parents can receive:
- Ongoing training
- 24-hour support
- Program activities and events
- In-home clinical services
- Youth enrichment support
- Grief & Attachment Support
- Mentor network of foster parents
- Foster parent recognition & Awards
For more information on how to become a foster parent, please feel free to contact us.